Saturday, May 23, 2009

Men's Weekend!


This weekend it's just me and Carter. We took Trish to the airport early Friday morning. She flew to Mexico for her brother Warren's wedding outside of Playa Del Carmen. There were lots of tears from momma as she kissed her boy goodbye. It is the first time she has been away from him for more than 6 hours or so. She'll be back Sunday evening. This means that it's just the guys for the weekend.


I took Carter to the doctor Friday morning for his 4 month check up. He is very healthy and strong at 26 1/2 inches long and 14 lbs 15 oz. He loves to flirt with any lady who smiles at him and the nurses were no exception. I was nervous about him getting his shots because the last time he got them he cried most of the day. Trish and I spent that day taking turns rocking him. I was wondering how I would handle that situation on my own... but the little guy saved his daddy by being perfect after the shots. He cried hard for a few minutes but once I got him in his car seat he fell asleep. He slept on and off throughout the day and when he was up he was very sweet. He even talked to his grandma and grandpa in Minnesota. He also talked to his Great Grandma Jean this morning. He can't wait to meet her this summer.


Today we went grocery shopping. He had fun riding in the cart and looking at all the people. A lady in line told me that I was a brave dad but I assured her that he makes it very easy. Oh yeah, when Trish gets home we will be starting Carter on rice cereal. I'm very interested to see how he takes to eating from a spoon. In a few weeks we'll be able to see if he likes bananas as much as his daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment